24 July 2008

E-Gold: Is It Still Safe?

Since I started investing on online programs, I have been using e-gold and I never had any problem with the system. I did not experience yet any hacked or blocked accounts. Except for the occasional phishing emails I received, there is not much activity of e-gold that affected me. I considered it as the best payment processor so far in terms of identity protection, ease of use and transaction charges.

But with the recent blocking of member's e-gold accounts, I am having doubts. It is not only the Iranians' account that were blocked. Even some members from my own country experienced e-gold blocked accounts. Although I am not sure what activities these members are involved with, it is still alarming. What is more alarming not only to me but to every e-gold user are the actions of Douglas Jackson, president of Gold and Silver Reserve that operates e-gold. He blocked 2,000 accounts and voluntarily turned over transaction details to the authorities.

Is it still safe? I can not answer. On my part, I make sure that the "Spends from Blocked Accounts" is set to "Refuse". If Jackson is out to get the abusers of e-gold system, I hope that there will be no innocent members that will be affected.

No comments: